Damaged Goods, breakages, shortages and Incorrect goods
Checking Period for obvious damages and broken glass.
Please ensure all goods are checked asap after receiving delivery. Please provide a basic inspection of the goods ideally within few days of receiving the delivery to ensure:
If there are any queries on delivery please contact us in writing immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org
Returns and refunds
Step by step procedure for returning unwanted goods
2. When completing the return product form the below information is required:
3. Once you have completed the above return products form this will automatically email the sales team. You will also receive an automated message to confirm the form has been received. If you do not receive this immediately please contact the sales team immediately as it could mean the form has not been received. Please then await a reply from the sales team. The sales team will reply to all return products requests within 48 hours.
4. Please note if you are given authorization from the sales team to return unwanted goods all goods need to be sent back to us in the condition they were delivered. This means all items must be parceled in an outer box and well packaged with additional packaging to reduce risk of damage upon return. We cannot be held responsible for any damages upon return if goods are not adequately packaged. If goods are returned in just the item box and no outer box the goods will not be accepted by our warehouse staff and therefore be returned back to you. Please put inside the box a copy of the invoice given or a note explaining why you are returning the goods with your name and address on the note and that authorization has been given.
5. Please note unwanted goods will not be accepted back for a refund or an exchange until authorization has been given from the sales team.
6. Please note all unwanted goods must be returned at the customers cost. Items can be sent back by the post office by using Royal Mail or Parcel Force or by a courier company. Please ensure you ask for proof of posting from the post office as proof you have sent the package. The post office does not charge for this service.
7. The address of which all returns are to be sent is:
Ocean Lighting Ltd, Returns Department, Ocean House, Cargo Fleet Lane, Middlesbrough, TS3 8DA
8. Once we receive receive the goods we will inspect the goods. Providing the goods are:
We will offer an exchange or refund. Refunds are within 14 days via the payment method you purchased the items with. If you require an exchange outbound delivery charges may apply. Goods that are not in the product item box are classed as un-resaleable and only an exchange will be offered.
Step by step procedure for reporting faulty goods
3. Once you have completed the above faulty products form this will automatically email the sales team. You will also receive an automated message to confirm the form has been received. If you do not receive this immediately please contact the sales team immediately as it could mean the form has not been received. Please then await a reply from the sales team. The sales team will reply to all faulty products forms within 48 hours.
4. Once the sales team have assessed the information given on the faulty form the sales team will determine the best way to resolve the fault.
5. If faulty the consumer has the option, receive a spare part, replacement of the goods, refund for the price of the goods or option of an exchange.
6. If the fault cannot be resolved by sending a spare part the goods will need to be returned to us for inspection and testing of the fault. If you are advised to return the faulty product for inspection and testing we ask where possible to send back in the item box and also an outer box with additional packaging to prevent further damage. We cannot be held responsible for additional damage on return if goods are not adequately packaged. Manufacturing faults sent back within 6 months of purchase can be refunded to the customer however we will need a proof of postage receipt. The address of which faulty items are to be sent is:
Ocean Lighting Limited, Faulty Department, Ocean Lighting Ltd, Returns Department, Ocean House, Cargo Fleet Lane, Middlesbrough, TS3 8DA
Once we receive the goods they will be inspected and examined. If the fault is not visible or is difficult to see how the fault occurred the goods will then be returned to the manufacturers for inspection and testing to determine the fault, how the fault occurred and if the fault is due to a manufacturing fault. Providing the fault is as reported and the inspection and testing confirms the light is faulty due to a manufacturing fault we will offer the option of replacement, exchange or a full refund. If inspection and testing proves the fault occurred for any other reason other than a manufacturing fault the light will be returned to you and outbound postage charges will apply. This is done within 14 days from Ocean Lighting receiving the faulty goods. Refunds are within 14 days via payment method you purchased the goods with.
7. Please note faulty goods will not be accepted back for a refund or an exchange until authorization has been given from the sales team.
8. Please note we do not cover electrician costs for faulty or unsuitable items.
9. Returns ordered on bulk trade quotations are subject to a 25% restocking charge.